Monday, May 18, 2009

Hannah's Wedding




The sound of Hannah’s Wedding is what I remember most. Of course the flowers were beautiful. The ceremony was truly sweet. Hannah was absolutely gorgeous in her beaded, fairy-tale dress. And the reception at The Bower’s Barn could not have been more perfect.

But this afternoon, as I putz through another Kirkhaven Monday, it is the sound of Hannah’s Wedding that I remember most vividly. My heart still resonates with it. It’s a warm, rich, patchwork-quilt kind of clatter that says, “The saints of God have come. And blessing is raining.”
Hannah Grace contentedly hummed on her daddy’s lap . . .
Mom Ann chatted quietly with Wendy in the vestibule . . .
Roonie laughed . . .
Angel whispered as she hugged a friend . . .

I stood in the doorway of the sanctuary at Hannah's Wedding, with my eyes closed, and let my heart become drenched with the sound of God’s precious people. I listened to it . . . this symphony of fellowship. I listened because I had heard it before. I listened because I knew . . . when I heard it . . . that Father had sent His most treasured envoys to bear his rarest gifts. Gifts found only in His Son and in the fellowship of His people:
I knew there would be joy.
I knew there would be peace.
I knew there would be love.
The celebration would be lavish.
The blessing would be enduring.
And it truly was.
God's people had come to Hannah's Wedding.
And the sound was glorious.

Psalms 46:10-11
Lesa K. Reid

2 comments:

  1. ::happy sigh::

    I couldn't agree more Lesa! Hannah & Justin's Wedding will not be forgotten any time soon. Thanks for sharing your thoughts....its like another wave of the sweet lingering fragrance of Christ from that very special evening.

    Love you dearly,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. And thank you, dearest Wendy, for all that you contributed to this wonderful wedding. You are blessing to Harvest and . . . especially . . . to me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!