Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Breath

He knew.
He has always known
That we would need Him.


He knew that we would be lost and vulnerable and helpless
And that we would need a Shepherd . . .


The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want.


He knew that we would get weary from the struggle
And emptied by the pain . . .


He makes me lie down in green pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;


He knew that we would become confused
And tend to wander away . . .



He guides me in the paths of righteousness
For His name's sake.


He knew that our way would sometimes grow dark
And threaten to extinguish all hope and life . . .


Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil, for You are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.


So He prepared the oil ahead of time . . .


You have anointed my head with oil;
My cup overflows.


This is why we believe.
In the midst of it all . . .


Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me
all the days of my life,


This is why we find True Life
In the journey of our life
In Him . . .


And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
Psalms 23:1-6


The Lord is my Shepherd,
I shall not want.
And I am still breathing.











1 comment:

Thank you for your comments!